Followers

Monday, November 7, 2011

PERSISTENCE

It's amazing what happens when your will to fight keeps you in the game or life or helps you to overcome an obstacle.  I was captivated by what I saw this weekend on HBO.  It was a fight between James Kirkland and Alfredo Angulo.  Angulo was the favorite in the fight and the fight was hosted in his hometown in Mexico.  Kirkland was underdog, who was released from prison in September 2010, at the time he was an undefeated fighter who made a poor decision to carry a loaded gun while on probation.  Kirkland returned to the ring and knocked out two opponents before facing light punching Japanese fighter Nobuhiro Ishida, who knocked him out in the first round in April 2011.  After the knockout to Ishida, James knocked out two other opponents which set up the big showdown with Angulo. 

Persistence pays off, because in the first round of this fight, Kirkland hit the canvas just 30 seconds into the fight.  Angulo, the pit bull, was all over James and applied a great deal of punishment to James until James turned the tide and knocked Angulo down before the round was over.  This was a great round and might be the round of the year.  Eventually, the fight ended in the 6th round via TKO and James Kirkland hands were raised in victory.  After the fight he was interviewed by Max Kellerman, who asked James, "what just happened" James replied, "Training, it was the training".   Big shout out to trainer, Ann Wolfe, for helping this fighter to find that inner strength through training to get off the canvas and fight to win.  If you want to be successful with your body, YOU HAVE TO TRAIN!!!! and eat the right things. 

James is an excellent example of people who get up from mistakes, recover from prison stint and fight to be the best he can be.  James is persistent, he kept fighting, training and now he is a major player in the middle weight division.  If you get a chance, look at the replay of that fight and listen to his training regiment with Ann WOLFE.  He is a professional boxer, and maybe you won't be getting in the ring, but we all can learn from it.  James stated that when he lost, he didn't train hard, but in the victory he attributed it to his hard training with Ann Wolfe.  Are you training in the gym to the best of your ability, and combining it with a great meal plan?  That's the combination for a healthy lifestyle and change in your body, and you don't have to risk you face and body in the ring like James. 

Maybe you can't identify with James, but, there is a Kim W in  TNT Body Camp you can identify with.  Kim started camp in October.  Her first day was probably one of the most uncomfortable for her in her life.  Kim complained of fatigue, anxiety, I can't make it, I never worked out like this and is it over.   I saw Kim walk out of camp and one of my  interns had to go out and check on her.  Kim made it through her first day and I left questioning if she would come back.  Kim showed back up the next day of camp and experienced some the the same fatigue, but she brought some soreness from the previous class with her.  Kim kept fighting, which reminded me of the James Kirkland fight.  Kim comes to my 6 am class, born again believers know what I'm saying "He got up".   

Jesus got up and has been saving lives for many years, if you haven't tried him, he's one call away.  Just say his name, Jesus.  James got up from that first round knockdown and changed his career in boxing.  James got up from that prison cell by making the right decision so he could walk back into that ring and fight.   Kim got up the first week of October, sore, uncomfortable and showed up for TNT Body Camp.  Can I tell you all how persistence pays?  We see it everyday in how your persistence with following Jesus manifest in reaching places in life that would not be possible without him.  I will let Kim tell you how her persistence and belief is paying off for her.  Yes, Kim is a believer in the power of Jesus, she reminds me all the time.  This is the message she sent me this morning on FB and it's a great example of her persistence and belief. 
     
"Good morning, I got home and decided to try on some of the dresses I could not fit anymore thinking they would be tight and uncomfortable but low and behold they fit perfect and I still have a lot of breathing room. I didn't think I was loosing anything but I am. Im sooo proud of myself, it gave me a boost of motivation to keep going. Tnt Body Camp is beast"

Some of us need to listen to the some by Jennifer Hudson, "We gone fight"

If you a believer like KIM and me, you might want to lean on, "I am on the battle field for my Lord"

Maybe you need to look at what you are doing, is it working for you and how much are you putting into your workout or other goals you are pursuing. 

We are all set up to be successful, even when things don't go exactly as planned, because we have the will to fight and the POWER OF PERSISTENCE. 

KEEP on GOING AND GOING AND GOING!!!!!!

Thanks to Kim and all my TNT BODY CAMPERS. 

No comments: