Followers

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Order the COMBO

We all are looking to get the most for what we pay for.  The fast food industry has capitalized on this concept of combining several different items together and making it a combo, supposedly you get more bang for your buck.  If you go to Subway, you can choose to order the 6" turkey on wheat, but when its time to pay, that cashier will ask you if you want to make it a combo, adding chips and drink.  All the fast food restaurants have their combos of a sandwich, fries and drink, which you can up size for a few cents more.  I have to be honest, the combo usually serves its purpose because it gives you the sandwich, chips and a drink (water for T), my favorite is the grilled chicken on flat bread, spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, jalapenos, onion and bell peppers.  Enough about me, I want to really focus on ordering the right combo. 

I spend a lot of time talking to the wonderful people who attend TNT Body Camp.   It's amazing how words of encouragement can motivate people to reach for the stars and change their lives.  TNT Body Camp is about the people and change, not about T.  Although I'm very vocal and sometimes insane, every time I show up, it's about the people who attend, their growth and change.  I have another great story of change that involves a young lady who finally ordered the combo. 

This combo didn't come from Subway, or Burger King.  She didn't get it from one of the five star restaurants.  Yomeka, like many people who attend classes or become members of gyms, only do the workouts and never pay close attention to meal plans.  In speaking with Yomeka, and monitoring her in TNT over the past few months, her work ethic has been extraordinary.  Yomeka is a beautiful mother and wife who is already planning for the month and sent me this message.  After reading it, I think you will look at your workouts different, as well as your meal planning.  If you put a high intensity workout together with a great meal plan, you have a combo that leads to a healthy lifestyle.  These are the words of Yomeka E. 

   "Ok, I'm trying to figure out my workout schedule for the month.  That's all. Btw, I have been going hard in class for the past couple of months but I wasn't going hard on my diet.  I wasn't gaining, but I wasn't loosing like I could have.  In just 2 weeks of going hard in and out of class, I have lost 7 lbs and I'm down a pants size.  It's downhill from here and I thank you for being so motivating to everyone in the class.   I'm in this thang and getting this body ready for my vacation in March :). 

I look forward to coming to class and experiencing that discomfort! That's sexy entering the Body!!!!! "

Sometimes, going to the gym and working out isn't good enough. 

If you really want to change, you have to do a combination of intense workout, rest and meal planning.

According to Yomeka, experiencing discomfort in the gym causes SEXY to enter the Body. 

Order the COMBO.  Intense workout + meal planning + REST.

 




  

4 comments:

IvyLeague7 said...

Food is everything. Your diet has to be healthy in order to lose weight, tone, or to stay in shape. I had to learn this the hard way. Buttercups is not my friend and fast food is the enemy. However, I know what changes need to be made in order to live a healthier lifestyle. Change does not happen overnite. It's a work in progress. Thanks T for your hardwork and dedication! You are truly an inspiration to us all.

Devinn Lane said...

This is so true. I'm finally down 13 pounds since I've committed myself to the meal plan. I feel MUCH better, and have a lot more energy! Thanks T!!!

T said...

@Ivy I appreciate the S/o, I'm in this for you all. It's so rewarding to see the growth and change from the training. I facilitate the class, but your work at home is the major battle. If you win the battle at home, I will fight with you so we win the WAR, TOGETHER. "T"

T said...

@Michelle, isn't it rewarding when the plan finally is working and you are winning. Makes that mirror look that much better. I'm excited about your progress and I see more and more determination from you in class. I'm going to tweak the meal plan a little. You can continue with that plan, it looks like it working for you. That's what I do and I know it works, IF THE USER USES IT. I see you tried it and got results M. Can't wait to see you Thursday.