Followers

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Why Wait on your body to change

If your improved, healthy body is out there in the distance, how long are you willing to wait?  Maybe, you are like many other people, and your friends, co-workers, family members, significant other or spouse swears they are going to work out with you and never show up?  Why wait on someone else when it's your body that needs the work.  I might get into trouble for this one, but I have to tell you all about waiting on people or things to happen, when you could be making things happen. 

This is the end of the first week of TNT Body Camp and we have seen so many people working hard in camp, over coming obstacles and seeing the fruits of their labor manifest in caloric burn, fat loss and improved cardio endurance.  Saturday was our largest class ever for a weekend class and we took it to the next level.  I was impressed with the effort and energy from the participants, who made some TIME 4 T. 

After TNT Body Camp, I went to the Plex for Extreme Fitness.  I think TNT is as extreme as the Extreme fitness class, name change coming soon.  Upon arrival at the Plex, we were sitting around talking about the weekend, my good friend, the beautiful Brandi, (BG) as I call her said, T let's get started, what are we waiting on.  I replied, "I'm waiting on Troy, he wanted me to call him so he could come to class".  Before I knew it, I was outnumbered by participants who were ready to workout.  I heard Ta'Sheka say, what are we waiting on, I said, "Troy".  She replied, "Troy", is he coming.  I was sure Troy was coming, but we waited a few more minutes and Troy didn't show.  Finally, with a lot of pressure from the other class members who were ready to work, the class started.

I had to look at that whole ordeal and really assess do we really need to wait on my friend or get started.  Of course we started class, finished it and Troy never showed up, but those who did show up, SHOWED OUT, lol.  It made me start to think about all of the people out there who wait on someone to change their lives when the person in the mirror is the greatest source for change.  Is there anyone in your life that's holding you back?  Are you waiting on anyone or anything to change, when you could initiate your own personal change? 
NEXT PERSON UP TO CHANGE
What have you been waiting on, for days, weeks or months and you are still waiting?  LEAN BODY???

Why wait on your body to change by walking slowly to your body, when you have the ability to run to your new body? 

Why wait on your friends or family members who may not be as committed as you are to change?

Why wait on changing your meal plan, when you know that a healthy meal plan leads to great gains for your body? 

Why would you wait on committing to a health and fitness program? 

Why wait to PUT YOUR SIGN UP, my body is under construction, I'm working to change my body, my life and my outlook?

2 comments:

BG said...

T, I love this blog. People in life will always try to hold you back, even the ones close to you. My mom use to tell me I was addicted to working out, one of my co-workers told me I must be using the gym to run from other problems in my life because a normal person does not work out as much as I do. I didn't let that stop me. I just let people talk. My mom had a heart attack April 2010, and most of the MD's orders before she went home were all about how she needed to work out and get her heat pumping. She now works out and loves it and I tease her about how my addiction has rubbed off and I'm glad it did. You have to put your mind to stcking to your goals and getting what you want no matter who trys to stop you. Most people who try to stop you are only envious of what you are doing and wish they had the will power to do it. Don;t let other people stop you from getting the body you WANT and DESERVE.
I worked with a lady that was 65 but looked 55; she played tennis her entire life and ran regularly every week. I started to lose weight and she said she was proud of me and I told her I was proud of me too. I told her I was tired of being out of shape and over weight. She said to me, "You are too smart and too beautiful, inside and out, to be out of shape and over weight." The first thought I had was, "that was kind of rude for her to say that!" But as I got home and put deep thought into it; I realized she was right. I am too smart not to want what's best for my body, I should want to take care of me. If I take care of me, my kids and family get the benefits as well. I am too beautiful to not want to take care of the temple that God has lended me. So now when I'm feeling like I just don't want to do it, I jst tell myself: Im too smart and too beautiful to give up! So tell yourself whatever you have to tell yourself to keep going, push thru cuz nobody can stop you but YOU!

Change 3 with T said...

BG that's mean a lot to hear you say that. I know that we have people in class who need to hear your story, believe it or not you and I have similiar story with illness in family, my mother suffered a heart attack about 10 years ago. Combine that with high blood pressure, diabetes and a poor attitude about healthy alternatives and that means trouble for the human body. Hopefully, we can touch others and they can see how beneficial it is to workout and follow a meal plan that may not meet the standards of soul food. LOL. Proud of you and I love you comment, inspirational.